Monday, June 27, 2011

On Saturday

Pyramid Lake, Nevada


This weeks project Monday challenge was to document a day. Similar to last weeks, just takes as many or as little photos to document a day in your week. I decided to do Saturday. Saturday was an impulse. I think it was Thursday I mentioned  we should pack a picnic basket and spend the day lounging on the beach at Tahoe. Considering there is still snow atop Mt. Rose, we decided it might be too cold to swim in Tahoe's icy waters. So I suggested Pyramid lake, then we could bring our dog, Penny, and she could swim too.
When I was visiting my BFF Crystal in Washington she asked if we had taken Penny swimming yet. She said she loves to swim. Crystal's family was unable to keep Penny when they moved so we took her in. She is totally part of the family, and Chloe, Crystal's little girl, loves that we are taking care of her doggy.
So at the last minute, as I whined about yet another year might be going by without camping, we just decided to do it. We dropped down the moolah and just got our butts in gear. I've always loved camping, and used to go all the time. Every summer as a kid, every summer as a teenager, pretty much up until I had Celeste. Then I was too apprehensive about camping with a little one, and I have a hard time leaving her with anyone, so now that she is old enough, we took her on her first camping trip. (This is funny, because as I write this I am having flashes of my baby brother crawling through the campsite because he was too little to walk.)

Pyramid Lake, Nevada


Pyramid Lake, Nevada


Pyramid Lake, Nevada


Pyramid Lake, Nevada


Pyramid Lake, Nevada



I picked up a lot of trash when I was out there. I always do. I feel so sad that some people are like this. I love this place. It is so beautiful, and I have been coming here since I was a kid. And I never remember garbage being everywhere. Celeste helped me pick up some trash too. Hopefully we counter acted something!

2 comments:

  1. these photos are so perfect....what a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos. Especially the dog ones. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...