Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hello there.

Oh my. I arrived back home from Seattle on this past Monday. I had grand illusions of editing and posting my photos right away. But then I went to work. And it was a disaster. Quite literally. My manager had planned to cover my vacation, but then she was called away out of town on other business. The department had coverage for two half days, then four days of nothing, so I came in to a pretty big mess. Sweeet. Just what everyone wants to come back to after a vacation. Icky. Needless to say, I have been busting my ass to try and catch up, on top of normal duties, and after work, I am all tuckered out. Even though I have wanted to stop in and post, it has been hard to do anything but put my feet up after a long day!
So I have so much to share with you about my fabulous time visiting my best friend in Seattle, but, I am going to save that post for the weekend, when I have more time. Today I'd like to share this week's project Monday. Which was actually for Tuesday, June 21, the first day of summer. The summer solstice. The longest day of the year. If I hadn't been so freakin' tired after that first day back at work, I would have crammed in a lot more. The project was to document how much you did on the longest day of the year.
so:
woke up at 3am, at work by 4. yippee. what a mess.
leave on my lunch break at 8:20ish to pick up Celeste and take her to Boys & Girls Club.
Find out they don't have her in the system, wait to talk to lady.
Back at work 9:20ish. Yay, now I get to stay even later!
1:20ish off work. Pick up a few groceries, home by 2:30
Head back out to another grocery store
fruit bowl
fruit bowl
Stocked up on plenty of fruits for healthy snacking, I was a bad girl on vacation.
Picked up Celeste at 4
Head home and put away the rest of the groceries.
We watch some ghost stories.
We fall asleep. (oops!)
Make me a Malibu and OJ
Make some shrimp skewers with sweet thai chili sauce and cilantro and throw them on the grill, serve with coconut rice
coconut milk
sweet thai chili sauce
all chopped up
Shrimp skewers and coconut rice
Make oven smores for dessert
Oven Smores
In bed by 9:30
Phew!
Isn't it crazy how little things can just suck a day away? How about you, how did you rock the longest day of the year?

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    This is an awfully late reply,
    and I'm very sorry that I was so caught up as to preventing me contacting you earlier,
    but I would like to properly thankyou for the Stylish Blogger Award you presented to me.

    This means alot to me, as every readers feedback is darn lovely.

    I have put a button and mention of your blog on the side bar of;
    1001ways-to-be-more-lovely.blogspot.com
    .. and will keep it there,
    just for an extra thanks.
    I have also put your blog in for 5 entries into the 1001 ways to be more lovely handmade giveway, which will be happening at the end of the year.
    The more entries you have, the more chance of winning.

    Thankyou ever so much again. I love your blog your photography and your creativity. It reminds me of the dream I have for myself when I get a bit older and start my life.

    Thanks for the inspiration & all the best,

    Steph @ 1001 Ways To Be More Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...