Sunday, May 29, 2011

Today I wore...



Something fun and feminine, but cozy too, because its cold! I am going to go to the nursery to pick out some veggies for our garden. Last year I started seeds indoors, which they did well, but once they went into the planter box, they either died or were eaten by aphids. So this year I am buying them already growing for two reasons; first, the saying 'round here goes "never plant tomatoes 'til the snows off Peavine mountain". Peavine got snow last week. Maybe this week too for all I know, I haven't looked, even though it's out my front door. It's pretty much June. And it's cold. So I am afraid the growing season has been cut too short to try seeds. Second, last season was our first season planting in a yard that was barren before we came along. The soil is just not fertile. Too many years of nothing but weeds and rocks has our dirt seriously lacking. So seedlings have a hard time getting up and going I guess. I did plant them in a planter box filled with miracle grow garden soil. It's frustrating. I've never had a problem growing anything until here. More on that later, onto my outfit!


Dress- Thrifted
Sweater- JC Penny
Leggings- Kohl's
Earrings- Mudd
Wellies- Chinese Laundry
Dog- Mine

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...