Monday, May 16, 2011

Project Monday-Comfort Food

Yay, it's back. I really love the Project Monday photo prompts from Carrie and Gloria over at Bubblegum Life. And the prompts have never stopped coming, if you want to head on over to their blog to check it out. I just couldn't keep up with it towards the end of the semester. My workload became too tremendous, and my Project Monday posts suffered. But I hope to get back into the bloggy swing of things for the summer at least, I am making no promises about next semester!
Comfort food is this weeks topic. I could probably say all food is comfort food for me, I just love food. Especially sweet foods. Hence the almost constant supply of cupcake recipes here on the blog. My Grandma Oma worked at a bakery when I was little, and my favorite thing to pick out of the big shiny cases was eclairs. All the ladies found it pretty funny that this little girl wanted such a particular pastry, but I loved them. Granted, I tried those alluring iced cookies, and had a cupcake or too, but I knew I could always count on the delishness of the eclair. My favorite part, the whipped cream inside. I don't like custard filled eclairs, the whipped ones are the best.


Alas, after my elaborate eclair story, I do not have a picture to share with you of an eclair. But my mouth is watering now. My other comfort foods are cinnamon toast and tea. And thats what I had today. I am a wee bit under the weather, so a nice hot cup of tea was soothing to my sore throat. I remember grandma Oma making me cinnamon toast when I was a little girl staying at her house. I was one of those kids that always wanted "dessert" and that might be why she started giving it to me. But it really is a comfort now. I still sometimes make myself cinnamon toast before bed. Must be great for the metabolism.

1 comment:

  1. I love cinnamon toast! A childhood classic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...