Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cool Waters

I can't wait for summertime to come! One of the things I miss most about summer is our little day trips up to Tahoe. It's one of the most beautiful places I've seen, and with it being right in my backyard, I can't explain what took me so long to go there! Our parents never took us as children, so it wasn't something that came to mind whenever I thought about going to the lake.
My best friend moved to Seattle last year and she said the she would really miss going to Tahoe, so I decided to go. And fell in love. Every opportunity I got, we drove up to Tahoe to spend the day lounging on the warm sandy beaches and swimming in the cool clear water. They are very restrictive and environmental, so the water is gorgeous!
After our trip to Montana last year, I also fell in love with hiking. I had done a couple hikes, but when my cousin showed us around on a couple hikes in Montana, I realized what  I was doing was glorified walking in the desert. So I picked up a book detailing some trails around Tahoe, and we tried a couple, and it was amazing.
I always pick hikes that are about 3 miles (6 round trip) and to some sort of a destination, like a waterfall or small mountain lake. And every time, during the last half mile, I'm wondering if we're going the right way, this seems like it's taking forever, etc! So I probably will keep it at that length this summer too!



After spending a few hours pulling weeds I decided to do a scrap book layout about our day trips to Tahoe. I chose the background paper because the yellow-orange flowers contrasted well with the blue in my photograph, which is of my daughter Celeste wading into the cool waters of Lake Tahoe.

Sources: Paper, journal tags, photo corner, border strip: Sassafras    Blue border strip and scallop circle punched paper: K&Co    Paint: Adirondack    Adhesive pearls: Making Memories    Brad: My Mind's Eye    Stickers and chipboard button: KI Memories     Plastic Embellishment: Heidi Grace   Label sticker: October afternoon    Chipboard letters and tag: Cosmo Cricket   Other: Saftey pin, lace

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I love Lake Tahoe, it's truly a natural wonder. Great page, your making me want to bust out my scrapbooking stuff!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...