Sunday, February 6, 2011

When Lovers Meet






Last semester in my printmaking class one of our projects was an artists collaboration. We had a large shape we divided into 12x12 sections. Each artist carved a twelve by twelve piece of linoleum to create a relief print of their chosen image. We then glued all the pieces down to create our shape and a large print was created from that. This large print is actually going on display for the Annual Reno Art Town event. The above painting is a painting created based off that image. I really loved how my print turned out, but since it became part of a larger work, I no longer have the block and cannot make prints. So I decided to create a painting based off the same sketch.  This is now the latest work available in my shop! XO.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...