Saturday, November 20, 2010

Solar Plate Print

I really love how my solar plate print turned out. I posted last week about the plate here. On Friday I cut the plate into pieces and made this lovely print. In addition to intaglio printing of the solar plate, there is also a collagraph print and a technique called chine colle. Chine colle is when you glue down a Japanese paper to your paper and your image is printed on top. You actually put the glue (Nori paste) on your paper and then line your papers up on the plates, then place your paper to be printed on top of that and roll through the press. Voila! You've added a lovely accent to your print. Love how it turns out and I can't wait to experiment more. -XO K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...