Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Recipe for Stuffed Mushrooms

I mentioned in an earlier post that I would be making stuffed mushrooms to bring to my Grandma's for Thanksgiving. Today I thought I'd share that recipe. It is relatively inexpensive, quick to make and absolutely decadent! Bring these yummy little bites to your next holiday party and you are sure to wow the guests. This recipe comes from the Better Homes and Gardens cook book. I grew up with this cook book, and I love the recipes. They have changed since I was a kid, but one of these days I'll find a "vintage" one that has all its pages....
(In these photos I am making a double batch without measuring, so your batch probably won't look like this)
Ingredients:
24 large fresh mushrooms, 1.5-2 in. diameter (I find the diameter isn't a big deal, button mushrooms     are just fine)
1/4 cup sliced green onion
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup fine dry breadcrumbs (I always use Italian bread crumbs for the added seasoning)
1/4 cup shredded cheddar, smoked Gouda, or crumbled blue cheese (I always go for the Gouda!)

Rinse and drain mushrooms. 

 Remove stems, reserve caps.
 Chop enough stems to equal 1 cup.
 In a medium saucepan cook chopped stems, green onions and garlic in butter until tender.


 Stir in cheese and bread crumbs.
   Spoon mixture into mushroom caps (I find a teaspoon is easiest).
  Arrange in a baking pan.
 Bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes, or until heated through.
 Enjoy! -XO. K.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...