Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Let's Revisit

I wanted to revisit this post from last year. The title caught my attention when I was browsing back through my list of posts. On an unrelated note, it's almost been a year since I started blogging! Anyway, I couldn't remember what "The Egg" was all about. This is why I love having this blog, the memory of this moment had totally escaped my busy mind, but here it is, captured for me, by me.
I can't help but wonder what else is escaping me as days turn to weeks, weeks turn to months, and all of a sudden my dear little baby is six years old and reading and writing. I really need to write this down more often, so I let this short, sweet little post from last year serve as an inspiration. We change all the time, we just don't notice it until later, when we start to forgot who we once were.
Who knows, maybe next year I'll look back at this post and laugh at myself for being so mushy and nostalgic. So be it, it's who I am right now. -XO

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2009

The Egg

Tuesday evening Celeste and I were making banana chocolate chip bread. It is a delicious combo! After mixing all the dry ingredients, and most everthing else, it came time to add the eggs. I had two left, perfect! Except one was apparently cracked and had seeped out enough egg white to not notice, but to effectively "glue" it to the egg crate. GREAT! So I went to the garage to ask boyfriend how much one egg matters to such things. When we decided we had no choice but to go on, I returned to the kitchen... To find the egg had burst, and Celeste had dissapeared....
Down a winding hall, and sniffling under her covers was my sad little girl.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"I-I just was helping. (Sniffle) I didn't mean to break it mama" and she burst in to tears.
Poor thing thought she broke the egg. I am always adament about her not handling the eggs, and she wants to prove she big enough to, and CRACK!

1 comment:

  1. I hate when that happens with eggs! Despite my best efforts to choose an intact dozen at the grocery store, sometimes one of those sneaky ones manages to make it in to my basket. Ugh! Poor kid...I hope it didn't put her off of baking. Were you able to complete your banana chocolate chip bread? Hope so...sounds so yummy!

    Thank you for participating in the SITS B2B discussion at Blog Frog!

    Best,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...