Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Week in Review

First off, let me apologize, we are nearing mid semester and I have been a busy girl! I have also decided to participate in The Sketch Book Project so I have been spending my spare time drawing in my little sketch book. I will not get to keep it, so I will be taking photos of my sketches to document my work, so I will post some soon. You should definitely check out the link above or in my side bar to learn more about this neat little project!
It rained!! Being in the desert, rain is rare. But this week it rained for three or four days straight. So I finally ordered the wellies I've been wanting. I actually wanted Hunters, but these were half the cost and well it rains like twice a year in Reno, so I couldn't justify spending that much. I also ordered these cute pair of oxfords to have something to wear with all the cute skirts of have been acquiring. I have really become bored with wearing jeans and t-shirts all the time, so I want to incorporate some excitement into my wardrobe. I'll let you know how it goes....
I finished up my linoleum carving, I get to print next week and then I also lose this piece as well. It is a collaborative project, we all are essentially carving a piece of a puzzle. Every one's block will be glued down and we will make a very large print which will be going on display at the convention center downtown. How exciting! I am really starting to get my work out in all sorts of ways, and it feels great.
Today I am just taking it easy, working on a couple sketches, maybe go thrifting later...
How was your week?
-XO K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...