Thursday, August 12, 2010

What I Realized

Last night, while preparing dinner, and taking notice of how gorgeous and green the cilantro and lime looked in my little green bowl, I realized I like food pictures. It is really a fun way for me to practiced my lighting and focus, it holds still, and it always looks good because its delicious!
I pondered to myself a little bit about how fun it would be to be a food photographer. Not the kind that puts lipstick on strawberries, but the kind that artfully captures a great culinary masterpiece, or just harnesses the essence of some of lifes most beautiful and scrumptious foods.
I've been taking pictures of my foods for a bit, I post them sometimes, I feel like a big dork telling my family to hold on, don't eat, I've got to get the camera. But the more I think about it, the more I want to lose that timidness and just take a picture of my food! And share it too! So, on this lovely thursday, I give you my bowl of green... -XO



Oh and PS. On the food note, I did a layout (finally, I know!) about Celeste baking! The Journaling reads: You are one happy baker. You love to measure the sugar, pour in the vanilla & ask "can I lick the beater?" almost constantly, it is, after all, your favorite part of baking!

It's true, she never stops, from the moment the first ingredient hits the bowl, "can I lick it yet?"


Supplies: Papers-Cosmo Cricket, Graphic 45, Basic Grey, Making Memories. Journal card & die cuts- October Afternoon Labels- Scenic Route Paper Co, Stickers- Cosmo Cricket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...