Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Vintage Recipe- Crisp Waffles

Celeste wanted to make waffles for my birthday breakfast this past saturday. I've never made waffles from scratch before, so I figured I'd have a little fun and give it a try. They were delicious, and just as easy as making them from a box! Since it was my birthday we put some sprinkles in the batter, as well as a dash of vanilla extract for extra flavor. I think the sprinkles disintegrated in the batter, so next time I will just sprinkle on top of the batter while on the waffle iron.
We finished by topping with super sweet agave nectar and homemade whipped cream, enjoy ;)

Crisp Waffles
2 eggs
1 3/4 cup milk
 1/2 cup butter
2 cups all purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

heat waffle iron. beat eggs with hand beater until fluffy. beat in remaining ingredients. pour batter onto hot iron, bake until steaming stops, remove waffle. Top and serve!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...