Sunday, August 15, 2010

At First Glance

Last year for vacation we went to Southern California to visit my Dad. Celeste had never seen the ocean, so I was so excited to be there to show it to her for the first time. I myself am from Southern California initially so I have no "first time at ocean" memory, it's always been a part of life! So upon arriving the first thing I did was take her to the beach. When we got out of the car, the familiar smell of the Redondo Beach boardwalk filled the air.
"Ugh. It stinks." Celeste says.
"That's the smell of the ocean. And all the fresh fish cookin' in the restaurants." I responded.
We walked around the pier so she could get a good view of the ocean. She stood at the railing and just asked, "Can we go swim in it?"
Silly little girl, definitely made a first ocean memory for me! Hopefully her too. I did this layout today to preserve this memory, already over a year old and soon to be fleeting.
Today is her sixth birthday, she is with her dad, and I'm am being nostalgic. -XO





Supplies
Paper: Basic Grey, Making Memories, Graphic 45. Embellishments: K & Co, Jenny Bowlin, Prima, My Mind's Eye, dollar store. Rub on and label: October Afternoon, Chatterbox. Letters: Collage Press, Making Memories, Target Dollar spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...