Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Egg

Tuesday evening Celeste and I were making banana chocolate chip bread. It is a delicious combo! After mixing all the dry ingredients, and most everthing else, it came time to add the eggs. I had two left, perfect! Except one was apparently cracked and had seeped out enough egg white to not notice, but to effectively "glue" it to the egg crate. GREAT! So I went to the garage to ask boyfriend how much one egg matters to such things. When we decided we had no choice but to go on, I returned to the kitchen... To find the egg had burst, and Celeste had dissapeared....
Down a winding hall, and sniffling under her covers was my sad little girl.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"I-I just was helping. (Sniffle) I didn't mean to break it mama" and she burst in to tears.
Poor thing thought she broke the egg. I am always adament about her not handling the eggs, and she wants to prove she big enough to, and CRACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...